'TYNE & TWEED'
The journal of the Association was first published in 1967 and is a respected platform for articles that reflect the local history of Northumberland and the interests of the Association's membership.It is published annually at £4.50 per copy, but free to 'Individual' paid up members. Extra copies are distributed to affiliated societies for sale to their own members.
** We are always interested to hear of research interests of societies and individual members with a view to inclusion of articles in 'Tyne and Tweed'. Should you wish to discuss ideas for articles, please contact: The Editor, A.N.L.H.S.,c/o 11 Beverley Terrace, Cullercoats, North Shields. NE30 4NT.
Contents of 'Tyne and Tweed' Vol. 67, Autumn, 2013
* Constance Mary Fraser - An Appreciation. Elizabeth Ashton, Michael Barke & Jane Karthaus, p.3.
* Gardeners' Fraternities in the North East of England and the Origins of Free Gardeners. Mary Maddison, p 7.
* Quite a Quivering of Quills! - A Tale in Two Parts. Howard Cleeve, p. 12.
* An Elegant Gentleman - the Reverend Constantine O'Donnel, B.A., 1819-1890. Ann Dawson, p. 17.
* The Tyneside Geographical Society, 1887-1944 - Its Rise and Decline. Michael Barke, Marilyn Champion, Tony Champion, p. 19.
* A Capital Trip - Newton on the Moor in Edwardian Times. Colin Lunt, p. 26.
* Girl Boy Scouts. Margaret Kennington (nee Cowe), p. 31.
* Historic Corbridge - A Chronological Walk through England's History. David Waugh, p. 34.
* Book Reviews (listed in Index below) p 40.
* Call the (Northumbrian) Midwife. Ruth Sear, p. 45.
* Attila 2 - Civil Defence in WWII Northumberland. Eleanor George, p. 53.
* Wooler Youth Hostel: Its Previous Life. Rosemary Bell, p. 61.
* Conference of the Royal Archaeological Institute at Newcastle, 2012. Constance Fraser, p. 67.
* A.N.L.H.S. Website.
Current issues and back copies are available for purchase by contacting - The Editor, A.N.L.H.S., c/o 11 Beverley Terrace, Cullercoats, North Shields. NE30 4NT.
The Tyne & Tweed Index contains a listing of place-names only, with references to articles published 1967 -2000. For later volumes, please search the appropriate Index, below.
The Index may be seached or downloaded by clicking on the relevant button below.
| || || || |
by Book Review vols 53/67
by Author vols. 53/67
by Places & Misc. vols. 53/67
CLICK TO ACCESS DOWNLOADABLE POSTER ADVERTISING 'TYNE AND TWEED'